Download Form

Bond Change of Tenants VIC


Download PDF
We also sent you a link to your email to download later.
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.

In Victoria if a tenant or resident changes during the lease the landlord and the incoming, outgoing and any continuing tenant or resident, must complete and sign a Tenant Transfer form to change ownership of the bond.

Steps to complete

  • To complete a Tenant Transfer Form click the link above to access RTBA online
  • Ensure popups are enabled, enter your bond ID and family name
  • Select 'landlord' and then 'search'
  • Select 'Transfer this Bond' and follow the prompts
  • Once you have completed the form, print, sign and pass onto tenants to sign
  • Mail the completed form to RTBA, Locked Bag 007 Wendouree VIC 3355


  • The RTBA does not make part-repayments on bonds. Adjustment of contributions to the bond between outgoing and incoming tenants or residents is a private matter between those parties. The RTBA will only record the name of the new tenant or resident.
  • Tenant Transfer forms must be sent to the Residential Tenancies Bond Authority (RTBA) within five days of the new tenant or resident moving in.
  • For more information visit Consumer Affairs Victoria.

More free rental forms

Landlord Academy
Get FREE tips delivered to your inbox every week.
You're in. We send them every Tuesday.
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
We promise not to spam you